Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Define: Greatest

Kentucky-bound recruits Dakari Johnson and Andrew Harrison said that they'd beat Michael Jordan in a 1-on-1 game in his PRIME. Said Johnson: "I’m taking him to the post every time. He’d stop me a couple of times, but I’d just keep going back down there. I’d just contest his jump shots and pray that he’d miss. I think in the end, I’d get him though. I’m too big down there."Said Harrison: "I think he’d get a couple buckets here and there, but then I’d start to lock him down and give him buckets. Yeah, I think I’d get him."Johnson is an elite center and Harrison is the nation's most coveted point guard, but the idea they'd get more than a bucket or two off early-90s MJ is laughable. After all, 50-year-old MJ reportedly had his way with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist recently, and I'd take my chances with Kidd-Gilchrist against either Johnson or Harrison in a game of one-on-one right now.

Okay but honestly is it even comparable? Boarder-line vulgar to ask if Kobe Bryant or LeBron James would beat Michael "His Airness" Jordan in basketball if you ask me. Its constantly being brought up but I must say, each of the 3 greats are in entirely different era's, the game is constantly evolving and they are all before their time. Kobe is easily the most fundamental basketball player in the league, LeBron has gone off all season and is just a ruthless beast, and Michael Jefferey was the two combined. Talk to MJ once you have 6 titles.This discussion could be endless, I just want to know what you readers think, then I will add my 2-cents.


P.S. - Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team as a sophomore, a true testament that YOU can do anything!

PSS




3 comments:

  1. Suuuuuuper gaaaaayyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll assume you are using the word "gay" as a form of disapproval. Can you tell me what you disapprove? meaning someone is better than MJ or MJ will never be beaten and anyone else will not even come close??

    ReplyDelete